Wednesday, July 20, 2011

SCHOOL SHOPPING can be fun!

You finally reach a point over the summer when you not only are ready for your own kids to go back to school but YOU are ready to go as well.   I hit that point this week so I went to the Parent Teacher Store in Florence and loaded up on some great goodies for the class.   I never seem to a lot myself enough time for that store.  I have been twice and still not gone through every isle!   They also have a great clearance section in the back.

I am excited about my Monday class this year because it's all hands on activities.  Getting the kids excited about the alphabet, math and science by getting their hands dirty so to speak!  Of course now that my shopping is done, I'm ready to start planning.  I am working ahead this year by planning my journals in advance.   I also found a great reference with over 200 questions of the day.   You don't realize how hard it can be to come up with a question on topic until you're rushing at the last minute to write it on the board.  Now I have plenty to choose from!

Check out some of the great activities we will get to explore this year!   Not to mention the many activities I can make using my best friend "The Mailbox".


The Parent-Teacher Store is exactly what it says; full of teacher supplies but also filled with many activities, workbooks and games that you can buy for your home.  A wonderful resource!
Florence, Kentucky
6914 Burlington Pike
Florence, KY 41042
(859) 283-0151 phone
M-F 9-8:00, Sat 9-6:00, Sun 1-5:00

No comments:

Post a Comment