Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A TOAST to the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

It's amazing how we are all ready and anxiously awaiting that first day of school, the kids included.  Today was the start of another amazing school year.   I am truly blessed to always have such wonderful parents and students.   I really believe it's going to be another great year.  

The first day of school is always an emotional one.  Children can be filled with so much anxiety when entering a new place and it's so important as a teacher to calm those fears right away.   This morning was no exception.   I know as a parent it's awful to see your child in tears but kids are so resilient.  Their attention span allows them to change on a dime which really works to a teachers advantage!  Within 5 minutes of class time we went from tears to laughter.   All the kids participated in our Question of the Day, coming up to the board and marking their answer.  We had fun singing and playing the name game.   In story after reading Officer Buckles I got to hear about all of the rules & chores the kids have at their house.   Rules help keep us safe--that was our theme of the day!    We also talked about teamwork.   I always tell my class,  we are team:   we work hard together, play together, laugh & cry together but no matter what WE DO IT TOGETHER!   We built a tower together, 1 brick at a time, 1 student at a time and it never fell down.   That's what happens when you work as a team.   If you instill that concept into those kids from day one, you will have an exciting, fun filled & tear-free year!

I am looking forward to watching these precious little people grow, not only in size but in knowledge!  Here's a toast to the start of something wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I know it is going to be a great year and I'm so excited my child is a part of your "team"!! Thanks for your dedication and creativity!

    ReplyDelete