Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Every Penny Counts!

All teachers know that the money you receive for your classroom only goes so far and as a dedicated teacher you end up spending a lot of your own.   Last year I got permission to paint a tree mural on my wall which I can use each year for my classroom display, this has been very helpful.   I now pick a theme each year that will work with trees.   This year I used monkeys and my new class theme for 2011-2012 is "Look Whoooos in Preschool" OWLS.   Did you know that a group of owls is called a parliament--me either!  Owls go great with trees.   This year instead of buying all my supplies like name tags, cubby tags, etc.   I have decided to utilize the greatest tool ever,  the internet.  I have created all my supplies including name plates and will be printing them on card stock, laminating them and using them at school.   This will save me at least $25 - 30 and I can utilize that money for something educational like a manipulative, felt board themes or idea books.   Another good tip that a co-worker taught me is to duplicate those art projects that you see in certain trade magazines.    Why spend $10 to $12 on a class project in foam when you can make it yourself with construction paper.   It really is easy and best of all, IT'S FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment