Monday, June 13, 2011

Getting Started

My name is Michele but my friends call me Shelly so please feel free to do so.   I am a busy mom and preschool teacher with a flair for the creative!   I want to share my ideas and thoughts about preschool, learning and if you're currently a parent;  keep you up to date with what's going on in class.  I absolutely love my preschool.  We have a great program where we all contribute to the weekly themes and lesson plans with creative art projects, tactile activities, music and sensory motor ideas and story time.  I personally try to wear many hats and some of them fit quite well!    I love sharing my ideas and have enjoyed not only teaching but creating a pre-K science curriculum and painting some of the artwork around the school.     This year I am excited to teach our new class which is a 3 day program for regular aged 4's.  Having an extra day each week with the students will give me so much more time to explore some hands on activities that we can't always squeeze in with just 2 days.   Some would say my fault is that I am very compulsive about organization, I think it really bugs some of my co-workers but somebody has to do it!    So my first order of business on summer break for school is the Art Closet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment